IRA Giving- A Great Way to Help Animals!

If you are 70 ½ years of age or older, you can make a gift to Our Companions Animal Rescue directly from your IRA and avoid paying federal and state income taxes on the distribution. This is known as a qualified charitable distribution and can be used to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.

We hope you might consider joining Our Companions donor, Ginny Riegel, who supports our animals in this impactful way!

“A few years ago, I received notice from the company that manages my IRA that I would need to take an RMD (required minimum distribution). My sister volunteers at Our Companion’s Sanctuary and it is such a wonderful place so I chose Our Companions as the charity I want to support through my IRA.

It’s been an easy process for me. I just tell my advisor to send a check directly to Our Companions. My advisor confirms in writing that I’ve authorized a gift to Our Companions. Then, I get a lovely “thank you” from Our Companions verifying my donation. I’ve helped Our Companions, and I don’t have to pay income tax on the distribution. It’s a great way to give. Check it out.” – Ginny Riegel and Lionel the cat.

If you are interested in donating to Our Companions directly from your IRA, simply provide your IRA administrator with our full name – Our Companions Animal Rescue – and our tax ID number: 41-2047734.
Thank you so much for your support!