Week of 05.25.2020
Our Companions is taking a proactive stance to preserve the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and clients so that we can continue to provide for the animals in our care during this difficult time. To that end, some of our programs will remain open without interruption and others will be modified or temporarily suspended. As things are rapidly changing, we’ll provide a weekly update and share new details via our website, www.ourcompanions.org. A PDF version of this information can be accessed here.
The following services will remain in place with limitations:
• Sanctuary Care: The dogs and cats at our Sanctuary remain in need of care 7 days a week and we have plans in place to continue their care. Given that many of the animals there have special needs, it is especially important that they receive their specialized medical and behavioral care without variance or disruption.
• Helpline Assistance Programs: Our Helpline is prepared to respond fully to the community who need assistance with behavior questions, community/feral cats, pet placement and pet adoption. We are equipped to remain up and running remotely at this time.
• Trap/Neuter/Return Training Classes: We are offering 1:1 trap training via phone on an as-needed basis to continue to provide for community cats. However, routine TNR activities need to be suspended until veterinary clinics can do routine spay/neuter again. We are still able to facilitate help for sick or injured cats.
• Program Center: In light of Governor Lamont’s order for non-essential businesses to close, our Program Center is currently closed to the public. All of our services can be accessed by phone or via our website, so we encourage folks to reach out that way.
• Pet Loss Support Group: While the Monday group is unable to meet in person, Andrea Seader is available to provide support by phone and group text discussion. You can reach Andrea: 860-205-8584 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following services have been temporarily suspended:
• The Buddy Project: until further notice.
• Dog Training Classes: Dog training classes have been suspended until further notice.
• Visiting Hours at the Sanctuary: In an effort to keep our Sanctuary Staff well enough to care for the animals and visited hours are cancelled until further notice. We hope you’ll visit us via social media to check out lots of great pics and videos of the cats and dogs to see how they are keeping busy these days!
• Low Cost Spay/Neuter & Veterinary Voucher Program: Most veterinary hospitals are functioning on a limited basis or for emergencies only, so we don’t currently have access to our voucher program partners.
• New Volunteer Orientations: Due to the continuing restrictions caused by COVID-19, we have cancelled our new volunteer orientations through July. We’re sorry to have to delay our volunteer orientations for this long, and we’re so appreciative that you’ve offered to help us. We’re hoping that we can return to our normal volunteer training as soon as possible. You may still fill out a volunteer application. We will contact you when we have scheduled the next new volunteer orientation date.
Should you have any specific questions, please reach out to us at 860-242-9999 or email email@example.com.
We thank you in advance for your support and hope you will consider making a tax-deductible donation to help support the animals at Our Companions during this unprecedented time.