Week of 09.21.2020
Our Companions continues to take a proactive stance to preserve the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and clients so that we can provide for the animals in our care during this difficult time. To that end, most of our programs are open, while others have been modified or are temporarily suspended. A PDF version of this information can be accessed here.
The following services remain in place with limitations:
- Sanctuary Care: The dogs and cats at our Sanctuary remain in need of care 7 days a week and we have plans in place to continue their care. Given that many of the animals there have special needs, it is especially important that they receive their specialized medical and behavioral care without variance or disruption. In an effort to protect our essential workers, Sanctuary Public Hours and tours are cancelled until further notice.
- Helpline Assistance Programs: Our Helpline is prepared to respond fully to the community who need assistance with behavior questions, community/feral cats, pet placement and pet adoption. We remain up and running remotely at this time.
- Dog Behavioral and Rehoming Evaluations: We are scheduling evaluations by appointment. Contact the Helpline with questions or learn more about the program via our website.
- Trap/Neuter/Return Training Classes: We are offering 1:1 trap training via phone/Zoom on an as-needed basis to continue to provide for community cats.
- Program Center: Is open by appointment only. All of our services can be accessed by phone or via our website, so we encourage folks to reach out that way.
- Pet Loss Support Group: The Monday evening (6:15pm) group has resumed. You need to contact Andrea at 860.205.8584 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Emergency Veterinary Assistance: Most veterinary hospitals are functioning on a limited basis, so we don’t have access to all of our voucher program partners, but we’ll try to assist to the extent that we can.
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter & Veterinary Voucher Program: High volume clinics have reopened, but are booking out several weeks, so there may be a bit of a wait for an appointment.
- Dog Training Classes: Family Companion 1 and 2 classes are in process, with additional sessions being scheduled. Contact the Helpline at 860.242.9999 or email@example.com to learn more.
- The Buddy Project: Beginning to resume programming for existing students.
The following programs and services have been temporarily suspended:
- Visiting Hours at the Sanctuary: In an effort to keep our Sanctuary Staff well enough to care for the animals, visiting hours and tours are cancelled until further notice. We hope you’ll visit us via social media to check out lots of great pics and videos of the cats and dogs to see how they are keeping busy these days!
- New Volunteer Orientations: Due to the continuing restrictions caused by COVID-19, our volunteer programs are currently reduced for everyone’s safety. In accordance with the state’s reopening plans, we have started reintegrating current volunteers into our programs both at the Sanctuary and our Valerie Friedman Program Center.
As of right now we haven’t begun recruiting new volunteers for many of our regular positions and do not have any new volunteer orientations planned. We will restart group orientations once it is safe hold them again. Please visit our website to learn how to support our work in other ways.
Should you have any specific questions, please reach out to us at 860.242.9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org