2018 Dog Rescue Program
Thank you for your interest in having Our Companions Animal Rescue help you find a home for your dog. We appreciate the fact that you are interested in finding the best home for your dog, or the dog you are trying to help. We offer a wonderful re-homing program where we can work with you to find a loving adopter for your dog.
Through this program, we have adopted out many dogs over the years and our proven program can certainly help yours as well.
Participation in this program requires the following:
You must have access to reliable transportation (Clients need to provide transportation to showings with screened applicants and veterinary appointments).
You must agree to keep the dog(s) in a safe and secure indoor environment until a new home is found (average placement time ranges from 2-4 months depending on the age, nature, and health of the dog).
You must take financial responsibility for veterinary care. In order to participate in the program, the following veterinary care is required in advance:
4. Fordogs10yearsofageorolder,afullbloodpanelisalsorequired Please refer to the Additional Resources document for a list of low cost veterinary clinics, if you do not have your own vet.
E-mail or mail photographs, and we will also take photographs at your scheduled evaluation.
If you are not able to meet the above criteria, please refer to the list of rescue organizations that operate shelters (in the Additional Resources document). Please feel free to retain our rescue information as shelters are often full to capacity and you may submit your forms anytime in the future.
Thank you for caring about the animals. Whether this is your pet or a homeless dog you’re trying to help, we have animal welfare professionals ready to help you!
Caroline K. Gaetano
Director of Community Programs
HELPLINE DOG RESCUE PROGRAM
The Animal Helpline volunteers are animal welfare professionals who donate their time to helping pets in need. Their assistance is free of charge, and we do gratefully accept donations. Please note that even if your pet does not qualify for entrance to our Sanctuary (which has very limited capacity), we have been very successful in placing pets directly from client homes into new homes. To sign up for this program, fill out the enclosed paperwork, and return it to us as soon as possible.
The following is a synopsis of what Our Companions can offer through our Placement Program:
- We evaluate your dog in order to gain information needed for a proper placement and to advertise the dog accurately
- We advertise your dog on our Website and Facebook page, Petfinder, Newspaper, Radio, TV , Magazines, email and posters
- We hold Meet & Greet Events in Manchester that your dog could be featured at
- You can do your own advertisements; it is suggested that you let us screen theapplicants
- Good pictures are imperative. You can help us by sending us photos showing a clearpicture of the animal using a contrasting background. Take the time to get a calm, relaxed photo that does not present the pet as aggressive or frightened.Our screening for new adopters includes:
- Vet Check
- Personal References
- Home Check
- Dog/Dog introductions
- Help with getting the dog settled in
- Training classes and behavioral support before and after the adoption
- Post adoption checksOnce an adopter is found, a contract will be drafted between you and the new adopter. Should the adoption fail, we require one party to pledge that they will house the dog until a new adopter can be found. You should expect to allow the new adopter 2 weeks for the dog to settle in before finalizing the adoption. A donation to Our Companions is appreciated once the adoption is finalized.To sign up for this program, return the Assistance Request Form, Veterinary Records, Incoming Dog Profile and Photographs. It is important to note that this program does takes some time, so please return the information as soon as possible. After we receive your information, you will be contacted to schedule an Evaluation where we will meet your dog and begin our placement process.